Experienced Scoliosis Chiropractor In Sacramento CA
Scoliosis is a condition where the spine curves to the side. This curvature causes the back to be uneven and bent or twisted rather than straight. Scoliosis most often develops in children and teens but can also occur in adults. While there are different treatment options for scoliosis, seeing an experienced chiropractor in Sacramento CA is one of the most effective and drug-free ways to manage scoliosis and reduce pain and progression of the curvature. If you or a loved one suffers from scoliosis, finding an experienced chiropractor in your area can provide immense relief and improvement. This article covers why chiropractic care is beneficial for scoliosis and how to find a top scoliosis chiropractor near you. You need to know your options when dealing with the spine. Call Keppler Chiropractic at (916) 422-5111 for a FREE detailed consultation.
Traditional Chiropractic Treatment for Scoliosis inSacramento CA
Chiropractors use a variety of hands-on techniques and treatments to address scoliosis and reduce abnormal spinal curvatures. Some of the most common chiropractic treatments for scoliosis include:
- Spinal manipulation - One of the core chiropractic techniques, manipulation involves the chiropractor applying controlled force to joints in the spine to improve mobility and alignment. This can help gently straighten scoliotic curves.
- Spinal traction - Gentle, sustained pulling on the spine to create space between vertebrae. This allows bulging discs to retract back into place and takes pressure off nerves.
- Manual muscle release - The chiropractor will massage and apply pressure to tense muscles surrounding the spine. This releases muscle knots and spasms to reduce pain.
- Postural correction exercises - Targeted stretches and exercises to improve posture, strengthen core muscles, and help retrain proper spinal alignment.
- Lifestyle advice - Advice on posture, sleep positions, proper lifting techniques, and exercises to practice at home to complement in-office treatment.
- Custom orthotics - Shoe inserts designed to improve posture, gait, and take pressure off areas of the spine.
Words From Dr. Keppler On The Abnormal Curvatures Of Scoliosis.
- Knowing the exact problem. Not a basic examination.
- Know the correct examinations and what treatments to do for the fastest relief and best outcomes.
What Do Chiropractors Do to Help Treat Scoliosis?
Chiropractors use a multifaceted approach to treat and manage scoliosis without drugs or surgery:
- Chiropractors perform a full evaluation looking at the entire spine's alignment, range of motion, posture, gait, and muscle spasms. This helps identify all contributing factors to the scoliosis.
- Gentle chiropractic adjustments help mobilize stiff spinal joints, taking pressure off nerves and reducing pain signals.
- Custom treatment plans are developed to suit each patient's unique spinal curvature, symptoms, and lifestyle factors.
- Chiropractors use specialized spinal manipulation techniques and traction tables to provide, gentle corrections to abnormal unhealthy spinal curves.
- Targeted stretches, core muscle exercises, and ergonomic advice are provided to reinforce proper posture at home and work.
- Routine follow-up visits allow the chiropractor to monitor progress and adjust the treatment plan as the spine improves.
- Chiropractic care helps reduce aggravating factors like pain and muscle tension to allow the body to gently, correct, and straighten itself up over time.
Seeing a chiropractor knowledgeable in scoliosis treatment and management provides progressive, lasting relief and improvement without surgical measures.
Chiropractic care is the greatest tool to have in your scoliosis management plan
For those struggling with scoliosis pain and progression, chiropractic treatment offers a safe, effective option. The benefits of chiropractic care to help patients, and when all other systems fail include:
- Reduced pain - Gentle spinal adjustments alleviate nerve irritation and muscle spasms that contribute to pain.
- Improved range of motion - Manipulation loosens stiff spinal joints and reduces curvature to improve mobility. Improved motion is the staff of life. -Dr. Keppler
- Avoids surgery - Chiropractic treatment reduces, the spinal restrictions, and pinched nerves involved in the cause of most scoliosis curvatures enough to reduce the need for most surgeries.
- Decreased progression - Chiropractic care in most cases often slows curvature progression.
- Better posture and biomechanics - Chiropractic adjustments, traction, and specific exercises improve posture and take pressure off the spine.
- Doesn't require bracing - Adjustments and traction allow the body to naturally straighten versus rigid bracing.
- Reduced symptoms - Chiropractic patients see improvement in related symptoms like shortness of breath, digestive issues, and headaches.
- Improved quality of life - Patients report less pain, improved mobility, increased energy, and greater ability to exercise and participate in activities.
Chiropractic care works with the body's natural healing and alignment capabilities. When combined with home exercises, chiropractic offers a well-rounded approach to managing scoliosis without medications, bracing, or surgery.
The Scoliosis Symptoms Are...
Do you feel like:
- A squeezing, tightness.
- Pinching pain in your back.
- Stabbing pain in the back
- Bending over hurts
- Numbness in your back
- Firery pain in your back
- Pain radiating from your spine
- Can't sit or stand long without pain
- The spine hurts all the time
- Your back tires quickly
- One shoulder blade is higher than the other
- Pain while lifting things
How can chiropractors tell if I have scoliosis?
It's easy. Chiropractors are experts at evaluating spinal alignment and spotting abnormal curves indicative of scoliosis. During an exam, we will assess posture from all angles, check for uneven shoulders/hips, perform a range of motion tests, and palpate the spine for curvatures. We do spinal X-rays and or order MRIs to measure and classify the extent of spinal misalignments, abnormal curvature, and deformities.
What techniques do chiropractors use to treat scoliosis?
Your options are few, depending on the knowledge of the chiropractor.
Chiropractors like Dr. Keppler in Sacramento California offer the latest in drug-free treatments and specialized techniques to alleviate scoliotic pain while gradually realigning the spine. These include spinal manipulation for maximing mobilization, reducing stiffness and pains and traction methods, muscle release techniques, and corrective exercises. Dr. Keppler will create a customized treatment plan for you.
How often should I see a chiropractor for scoliosis treatment?
That depends on your problem and what you are trying to handle. The patient needs what he or she needs.
How long does chiropractic treatment take to improve scoliosis?
Patients often report relief after the very first visit. However, completely straightening scoliotic curves takes time based on factors like age, curve severity, and consistency of care. Your chiropractor will give you a realistic timeline and monitor your progress with periodic X-rays.
It is as long as it takes. Dr. Keppler
Can chiropractic prevent scoliosis from worsening?
In most all cases Yes, research shows regular chiropractic treatment helps halt the progression of spinal curvatures in most scoliosis cases. Small, maintainable improvements over time are the goal versus trying to force the spine straight too quickly. Chiropractic care is most effective at correcting, relieving, aligning, and preventing worsening.
Does scoliosis affect adults too?
Yes, scoliosis is not just limited to children and teens. Adult scoliosis develops in adults as a result of spinal subluxations, (spinal misalignments) disc degeneration, bone degeneration under abnormal pressures of scoliosis, good stock (good genes), white sugar and white flour intake, and other age-related spinal changes. Chiropractic treatment and exercises tailored to adults can help manage pain and avoid surgery.
Am I too old for chiropractic to help?
No. It's never too late to start chiropractic care. Even into senior years, regularly receiving chiropractic adjustments and specific spinal tractioning strength and flexibility exercises slows the progression of scoliosis curvatures and degenerative changes.
Specific chiropractic care combined, with correct tractioning to pulls and pushes into alignment the deformity that needs improvement. Seeking correct treatment early optimizes outcomes. An experienced chiropractor such as Dr. Keppler(myself) will take you to successful outcomes as much as your spine will allow.
Related Terms: Spinal misalignment, identify scoliosis, spinal deformity, normal spine, progressive scoliosis, mild scoliosis, treatment process, Cervical lordosis, treating scoliosis.
10:00am - 12:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm